Organizing your bedroom is quite a hectic task, and when it comes to finding ways to store your things easily, then it is a struggle. Whenever someone tries to build their bedroom, they try to find easy ways to store their luggage in a way that neither looks shabby nor clustered. Hence, when we think about the same, under storage ideas come in handy. Bed in a room takes ample space, and some of us have smaller rooms due to which storing space becomes less. You can’t afford to have two wardrobes, right, but you want to store those extra linens, shoes, and clothes?
Here is a trick, find yourself a bed that has under space and then add under-bed storage to it. Furthermore, it is not essential to get your bed customized with a bed box; you can easily buy different under-bed storage items and increase your space.
With this, we present you a list of 21 clever under-bed storage ideas.
21 Ways for DIY Under Bed Storage
If you are planning to use your under-bed storage smartly, then you must know the different types of options available in the market. Some of the best ways for under-bed storage items are as follows. Under the bed, storage can broadly be divided into two categories. Either you can add storage to your current bed, or you can get a bed built with under-bed storage space.
In this article, we will discuss how to DIY under-bed storage for your existing bed.
Under Bed Storage: Fabric Bags
Fabric bags are the best and one of the cheapest ways to make your DIY under-bed storage. They are made with washable fabrics and contain zippers to store your stuff from dust easily. It is a great way if you want to store and protect your linens and clothes for a long time.
1. Neaterize Under Bed Storage Bins with Lids (Large-Black)
NEATERIZE Under Bed Storage Bins With Lids is a perfect solution if you want to store your extra clothes and linens under your bed.
- It is a 2 extra large boxes package in black color.
- It can be easily stacked under your bed and comes with a lid.
- They can be used for under-bed storage that requires maximum space.
- You can store your linens, sweatshirts, pillows, quilts, and more.
2. Whitmor Zippered Jumbo Underbed Storage Bag Crosshatch Gray
Whitmor Zippered Jumbo Underbed Storage Bag is a DIY under-bed storage fabric bag in grey color. You can use it to protect house items from dust, pets, moisture, and more.
- It has sewed handles on the sides for holding and grip.
- The dimensions of the fabric bag are 18 L x 42 W x 6 H inches.
- You can easily fold it and put it away when they are not in need.
- It has a capacity of 18 L.
3. LPack Wedding Dress Storage Box (Medium, White)
Looking for something to store your wedding dress and want to secure it under your bed? You can shop for this LPack Wedding Dress Storage Box for the same.
- It is a white-colored synthetic under-bed storage box made from synthetic fabric.
- It is a low-profile under-bed container with breathable fabric that offers great space.
- No box is more than 8 inches tall and comes with a good price range.
4. Pomobie Under Bed Storage Box Storage Bag Ideas (Blue, One Size)
Pomobie Box is a one-sized one-unit blur, durable diy under-bed storage for you. You can store it under your bed after putting stuff and later fold it and keep it aside.
- Items like shoes, clothes, quilts, linens, and more can be stored easily.
- It is priced pretty high for one under-bed storage box.
5. I Will CREATE PRO 39.4X16.9X7
CREATE PRO is a two-in-one bedroom and wardrobe storage box in grey breathable fabric. It is made from linen and has dimensions of 39.4″L x 16.9″W x 7″H.
- It has 3-sides open and 2 zip lockers for you to easily keep and remove things.
- The zip closure offers protection against dust and moisture.
- It was a bit expensive.
6. Under-Bed Storage Underbed Storage Bag Boxes
A perfect cardboard linen under-the-bed storage box is here. Under-Bed Storage Underbed Storage Bag has a transparent top and zipper for extra protection.
- The dimensions of the product are 33.07″L x 12.2″W x 4.72″H.
- It can be easily folded and stored. Works perfectly for clothes, towels, and linens.
7. Amazon Basics Collapsible Fabric Storage Cubes Organizer with Handles
Amazon Basics Collapsible is one of the most affordable and comes with a pack of 6 boxes. These boxes are fabric made, and each box has dimensions of 10.5 x 11 x 10.5 inches.
- It is available in various colors and looks stylish in your bedroom.
- These are quite affordable for 6 of these boxes.
8. Dimusel Clothes Storage Bins (Pink Bear)
These fabric under-bed storage boxes are made from high-quality Oxford material. Each box has a steel frame that provides shape and stability to the box.
- Dimusel Clothes Storage Bins have two side handles that make them easy to carry anywhere.
- The dimensions of each storage box are 23.6×16.5×15.7i.
- The price for the pack of four is reasonable.
9. 3 Pack Clothes Storage Bins (Beige, 15.7×11.8×11.8inch(36L)
3-pack Foldable Metal Frame DIY under-bed storage boxes are here for you. You will get 3 storage boxes, each with dimensions of 15.7×11.8×11.8inch(36L).
- They have a metal frame inside the fabric to make it more sturdy and convenient.
- You can easily store your clothes and linens. It has a see-through window for you to keep a check.
- The price range of these 3 boxes is pocket-friendly.
10. 2-Pack Under Bed Storage Containers
2-Pack Under Bed Storage Containersare in beige color with lid. It comes with handles and closures on the sides.
- 40″ x 20″ x 6″ are the dimensions of the product.
- Works best for seasonal bulky clothes.
11. Under Bed Storage Bins With Lids. Underbed Storage Drawers
The perfect under-bed drawers save space and organize the room at the same time.
- Maximize your space with these Under Bed Storage Bins With Lids fabric boxes. It comes in a pack of 2 and in grey color with handles in front.
- Lightweight and versatile, you can easily keep them anywhere.
12. Anyoneer Under Bed Shoe Storage Organizer
Anyoneer is perfect under-bed storage for shoes and slippers. The box comes with various compartments and has handles all over it.
- It is made from fabric and has a zipper to protect things from dust and moisture.
- These boxes are versatile and affordable.
13. 90L Under Bed Storage Containers
This 90L DIY Under Bed Storage Containers comes in a pack of 6 boxes. It has dimensions of 39″L x 20″ W x 7″H.
- It is easily portable and stackable. You can use it as per your requirement.
- Each box is made from fabric and comes with a clear top for vision.
- The zippers are there to keep the things inside protected.
Under Bed Storage: Plastic Rolling and Non-Rolling Containers
Another option on the list is a plastic container. It comes in two ways: rolling and non-rolling. Both of them are easy to add storage under your bed and give you dust-free storage space.
14. HOMZ 60 Quart Multipurpose Slim Underbed Storage Container Bins
HOMZ 60 Quart Multipurpose Slim Underbed Storage Container Bins comes with a 60-quart holding capacity. The boxes are made of durable and high-quality plastic and come see-through.
- It has large larches and handles to move boxes here and there conveniently.
- The slim design helps you to slide them under your bed easily.
- The dimension of each box is 40 x 20 x 6.12 inches.
15. Ucake 14 Quart Clear Storage Box
If you are planning to buy a storage box for your baby’s room, then this one is right for you. Ucake 14 Quart Clear Storage Box has a plastic DIY under-bed storage box with a lid.
- It is flat-shaped, and its dimensions are 6.4″L x 11.9″W x 6″H.
- The box has latches on both sides that keep the material inside tamper-free.
Wooden Under Bed Storage Boxes
Wooden Boxes for storage are usually without a lid, and they are best suited for shoes and equipment. Storing clothes in an open wooden box might not be a great idea because it will be exposed to dirt and moisture.
16. The Storage MAX – Underbed Wooden Organizer with Wheels – Dark Wood
It is a dark wood under-bed storage with wheels for you from The Storage MAX. It is quite durable and comes with wooden cuts on the sides for dragging.
- The dimensions of the box are 33.8″W x 26″D x 8″H, and it has wheels at the bottom.
- You can easily pull it out and push it under your bed, and it works smoothly due to the wheels.
17. Alaterre Furniture Storage
Alaterre Furniture Storage is a 25-pound weighing DIY under-bed storage with wheels for you. It comes in cinnamon color and has 4 wheels under it.
- The set comes with 2 drawers, and each has dimensions of 35″w x 19 1/8″d x approx. 8″H.
- The wood used in the making is 75 Brazilian Pie and offers durability.
18. Alaterre Furniture Simplicity Transitional Children’s Under Window Bookshelf in White
Alaterre Furniture Simplicity wooden anti-tipping under-bed storage with wheels is here for you. It is a modern storage box with adjustable shelves.
- Made with 75% Brazilian pine and 25% wood veneer.
- Comes with 4 wheels, so you can easily slide it under your bed and pull it out when needed.
- The price of this wooden under-bed storage box is highly expensive.
Under Bed Metal Storage with Wheels/ Without Wheels
Lastly, you can get a metal storage frame from the market with wheels or without wheels. It is also usually open from the top and works best for shoes and equipment.
19. Richards Homewares Metal Frame Underbed Storage with Lids
Richards Homewares Metal Frame Underbed Storage is a plastic and metal lightweight under-bed storage box. It is perfect for storing makeup, shoes, art supplies, and more.
- Each box has removable lids and dimensions of 32.75” L x 12.2” D x 7.9” H.
- You can use them easily from nobs.
20. Luseba Under Bed Storage with Wheels
Luseba Under Bed Storage with Wheels is a metal diy under-bed storage with wheels that can be moved 360 degrees. Each cart is made from good quality, lightweight metal and comes in black.
- They have markable nameplates so that you can easily label them.
- The price of these portable and waterproof 2 carts is a bit high in price.
21. Under Bed Storage
This is a two-pack under-bed storage with wheels. The body of this 2 Pack Under Bed Storage Containers with Wheels is made of metal and has a flower pattern all over.
- It has 360° swivel wheels that can be folded to save space when not in use.
- The pack of two storage containers is priced too high.
Summing It Up
All in all, organizing your bedroom can be a great deal if you know how to store your things conveniently. You can save up to a lot of space and make your room look more compact and clean. And you can easily choose what kind of under-bed storage box you want. Be it fabric, metal, plastic, or wooden, and every box has its own use and specialties. Try to figure out your requirements and then shop for the right one.
If you don’t want to spend a lot, then you can easily go for affordable options too with bigger packs. Make sure to buy the ones that will help you to protect your belongings, too, because extra moisture, dust, and airborne insects can ruin your belongings.
We hope this article comes to your use and helps you figure out how to maximize your bedroom space.